Church of St. Peter and Paul the Apostles in Siemiatycze-Stacja



  • Adres: ul. Kościelna 13, Siemiatycze-Stacja, Siemiatycze
  • Telefon: +48856550035
In the 1950s, after the II WW, a wooden Chapel of St. Peter and Paul the Apostles was built in Siematycze, which in 1956 was consecrated. In 1982 Father Roman Trusiak (Rector of the Church) began his struggles for construction of a church situated on a high hill, near the wooden chapel. However, in 1985 the Head Officer of the Town and Municipality of Siemiatycze suspended the construction of the church and the adjacent presbytery. Works were resumed in 1989 under the supervision of another rector - Father Józef Grzeszczuk. He was also the priest that consecrated the church in 1991. In 1992 the wooden church was presented to the residents of Minczewo in the Parish of Drohiczyn, where it serves as an auxiliary chapel.