Places

expand collapse Search criteria

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Ostrożany

The church was built between 1756 and 1758, consecrated on 7 September 1783. In the main altar there is a Miraculous Painting of Our Lady of Ostrożany (from around 1600), crowned with papal coronets...

Planer

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Siemiatycze

Constructed in the years 1626-1637, extended in the years 1713-1737. Built in the late Renaissance-Baroque style, the facade is in the late Baroque style. Inside the church there are organs from the...

Planer

Church of the Elevation of the Holy Cross in Tokary

The building is wooden, erected in the years 1934-1935. It was built in the national style according to the design by a Cracow architect - Wincenty Wdowiszewski. Hence its original architecture...

Planer

Church of the Transfiguration in Perlejewo

Construction of the church began in 1859. It was discontinued in 1863 when the then parish priest Józej Srzedziński was arrested for patriotic sermons. The church was finished in 1883. It was...

Planer

Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord in Mielnik

The church is one of the few monuments that survived the II World War. It was built in 1913 and it is considered as designed in the neo-Baroque style. In the main church altar there is a painting of...

Planer

Former Jewish Synagogue in Siemiatycze

Built in 1797 is the Classicistic style as Duchess Anna Jabłońska’s compensation for the Jewish community that lost their cemetery due to rebuilding of the city. In 1824 it was devastated by fire, in...

Planer

Former presbytery in Mielnik

The building of a former presbytery was constructed in the 2nd half of the 18th century, rebuilt twice in the 19th and 20th century. It temporarily served as a presbytery and a room for religious...

Planer

Former primary school in Rogawka

Constructed in 1850 on an elongated rectangle plan. A wide-front, symmetric, two-bay building. The front wall has a wooden porch of pole structure. The building was renovated with the RDP funds....

Planer

Former Talmudic House of the Siematycze Jewish Community in Siemiatycze

A neo-Baroque building with elements of modernism. Built in 1893, it served the functions of a house of prayer until 1941. Erected near the synagogue, it was closely connected to the culture and...

Planer

Franciscan Monastery Complex in Drohiczyn

The complex embraces a church, a bell tower and a monastery. 1.The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary built in the place of a wooden church from 1400 AD. Construction of the...

Planer