Places

expand collapse Search criteria

Orthodox Monastery Complex in Grabarka

Grabarka became famous for the miracle which happened during cholera epidemic in 1710, as a result of which a chapel was built. The first (documented) Orthodox church was built here in the years...

Planer

Jesuit Monastery Complex in Drohiczyn

The complex consists of: a cathedral, a monastery and a college. 1.The Holy Trinity Cathedral from the years 1696-1709 in the Baroque style. The original church was funded by the King Władysław...

Planer

Missionaries Monastery Complex in Siemiatycze

The Monastery Complex of Missionaries brought to Siemiatycze in 1719 was constructed in the 1st half of the 18th century. Monks built a masonry house which was home to a school, a hospital and a...

Planer

Open pit chalk mine in Mielnik

The open pit chalk mine is a mine one of its kind still active in Poland. Beginnings of chalk mining in Mielnik date back to the 16th century. It was initially illegally extracted for construction...

Planer

Podlasie Herbal Garden - Botanical Garden

Podlasie Herbal Garden is located in the territory of the  Ziołowy Zakątek Agritourism Farm in Koryciny. On a 5-hectare land there is a collection of 1000 plants, mainly of medicinal...

Planer

Railway bridge in Olendry

This railway bridge placed on river Bug in Olendry was created at the start of XX age. The main designer and builder was czarist engineer Fronołow. From his surname was created many names for...

Planer

Saints Comas and Damian Orthodox Church Icons of Our Lady, Joy of All the Afflicted in Koterka

The church is situated in a sacred place called Koterka. The history of the church is a fascinating testimony to Apparition of the Mother of God, as well as the deep faith of the local population....

Planer

The Castle Hill in Drohiczyn

The Castle Hill used to be an element of power of rulers of this town governed alternately by Russian, Lithuanian and Mazovian princes. On the Drohiczyn fortress embankments the ups and downs of the...

Planer

The Museum of the Historical and Cultural Park “The Bug River as the cultural and religious borderland” in Drohiczyn

The museum is a collection of exhibits presenting the centuries-long history of the town by the Bug River. These include objects of archeological, ethnographic interest, as well as pieces of art and...

Planer

“Uszeście” Nature Reserve

The “Uszeście” Nature Reserve was established in 1985 on the area of more than 12.06 hectares on an end moraine. It is a florist reserve which is protected to retain xerothermic vegetation...

Planer